Privacy is of utmust importance to us. This policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by our company.
The general idea of this policy is that the personal information that we collect are only meant to be used by our company, either for statistics (site traffic) or for the good fonctioning of the services we normally provide. None of the data collected shall be used outside of this scope. More specifically, none of the data we collect shall be shared with any third party unless we obtained your explicit consent prior such a use.
Information we collect and how we use it
A number of pages on our web site can be browsed and seen without registering an account or provide any personal information to us. For statistics, we may collect the following types of information:
- Snippy's cookies - When you visit Snippy's, we send one cookie - a small file containing a string of characters - to your computer. We use this cookie to improve the quality of our service by storing user preferences and tracking user trends, such as how people use our web site. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some Snippy's features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
- Log information - When you use Snippy's services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications - When you send email or other communication to Snippy's, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Providing our products and services to users, including the display of customized content;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services.
Snippy's processes personal information on servers in France.
Choices for personal information
When you sign up for a particular service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information. If we use this information in a manner different than the purpose for which it was collected, then we will ask for your consent prior to such use.
If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this policy, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes. We will not collect or use sensitive information for purposes other than those described in this policy, unless we have obtained your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information to any of our services, in which case Snippy's may not be able to provide those services to you.
Snippy's only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Snippy's in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Snippy's, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of visited pages of the web site, for example. Such information does not identify you individually.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to Snippy's employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Snippy's processes personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this policy. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use Snippy's services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
Changes to this policy
Last update: 8th of September 2020.