Snippy's forum > English > Suggestions

mobilino

2 posts

Suggestions

Saturday, February 02, 2008 9:17 AM UTC

mobilino
Hi,

I'm a new user of Snippy's. I've tested it with ebay and delcampe and everything has been good!

I've been a long time user of "eSnipe" for eBay (www.esnipe.com) , and a feature I'm missing here is the display of the amount of snippies I've been charged for each successful mission (the "done" tab in the "Missions control center" page)

Another problem I've noticed is about the fees:
The FAQ page says that "you pay 1 Snippy every €10 of the object FINAL PRICE"
but it seems that I'm paying over the bid amount instead of the final price.

For example, today I made a bid of €27.77 and won the item at € 8.20
according to the FAQ, I should pay 1 snippy, but I was charged 3 snippies.

thanks!

^
Brezhonneg

391 posts

Re: Suggestions

Sunday, February 03, 2008 1:30 AM UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi mobilino, and welcome to Snippy's.

I'm glad to hear everything worked fine with your missions.

Showing a Snippies column in the mission table is a good idea, we will definitely keep this in mind for the next layout upgrade. For the time being, please note that the fee for each mission is mentioned in the outcome report that you get by e-mail.

As for the fees, I confirm that you did understand the FAQ correctly - Snippy's charges are based on the object final price, not on your actual bid. After checking our logs, it appears that each of your successful missions was actually charged 1 Snippy, including the mission you are giving as an example. On the other hand, the Snippies left on your account are consistent with the fact that you were actually charged 1 Snippy for each successful mission. So, my guess is that there has been some misunderstanding somewhere... would you be kind enough to let us know what led to this misunderstanding?

Regards
Snippy's administrator

^
mobilino

2 posts

Sunday, February 03, 2008 4:53 AM UTC

mobilino
Hi

Thank you for the response.

About the snippies, I had the "feeling" that I was charged 3 instead of 1, but I may be wrong.
If your logs says that everything is fine, then it's my mistake. My apologies!

^
Brezhonneg

391 posts

Sunday, February 03, 2008 5:46 AM UTC

Brezhonneg
No worries, and no need to apologize! It is definitely better that you asked rather than keeping this concern for yourself. Mistakes can happen, so it was definitely worth double checking if you had any doubts.
Snippy's administrator

^
Gammalophone

211 posts

Monday, February 04, 2008 6:20 AM UTC

Gammalophone
Hi

The confusion could come from the amount of Snippy's which are reserved until auction's end, and correspond to the maximum amount you could be charged with. E.g. €27.77 will lock 3 Snippy's, but as soon as you win it for €8.20, you are actually charged with only one Snippy's, while the extra two will become available again...

All best
AG
Gammalophone aphone
Snippy's admirator

Last edition: Monday, February 04, 2008 6:52 AM UTC

^
Brezhonneg

391 posts

Monday, February 04, 2008 6:39 AM UTC

Brezhonneg
Oh, you are probably right!

In this case, the "What are reserved Snippies?" FAQ entry might be helpful. Also please note that the actual fee is mentioned at the bottom of every outcome e-mail (the one you get after the sale end with the mission result). It will most probably be added to the Control center table as well, but the priority of this feature addition is rather low at the moment, so do not hold your breath.

Cheers
Snippy's administrator

Last edition: Monday, February 04, 2008 6:40 AM UTC

^
Brezhonneg

391 posts

Friday, May 02, 2008 6:18 AM UTC

Brezhonneg
a feature I'm missing here is the display of the amount of snippies I've been charged for each successful mission

This feature was added after the last site update. Enjoy!
Snippy's administrator

^
Only registered and logged in members are allowed to post on the forum.

Loading…

Loading…

Done

Successfully
Error