Snippy's forum > English > Suggestions

kkslowin

1 posts

Number of snippies

Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:59 AM UTC

kkslowin
Have some difficulty in finding out how many snippies are at my disposal and thus I'm not sure when to buy new ones. Can I have some suggestions what to do (and perhaps which passage to read again) to know my state of things ?

Regards.

Keaky

^
Brezhonneg

391 posts

Re: Number of snippies

Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:20 AM UTC

Brezhonneg
Hi Keaky,

The best way to know how many snippies you have is to click on the 'My Account' link in the menu on the top of the page. The first section of the page that opens is 'My Snippies'. It shows your total snippies as well as the so called 'reserved' snippies.

The total snippies is what it says: the total number of snippies that you still have on your account.
The reserved snippies is the number of snippies that you would have to pay if you end up winning all your pending snipes with the maximum bid. Perhaps things are easier to understand with an example.

Say that you registered a mission on an object with a maximum bid of 15 Euros. If you win that auction for 15 Euros, then you would have to pay 2 snippies. Therefore, 2 snippies are 'reserved' until the mission completes and the sale ends. Then, if you lose the sale, the 2 reserved snippies are freed again. If you win the sale for 3 Euros, then you got to pay 1 snippy. 1 of the 2 reserved snippies is freed, and the other one is taken from your total.

I hope that this little example helps you better understand the concept of reserved snippies. At the end of the day, this is just a way to make sure that you always have enough on your account to pay for the successful missions.

Now, what happens when you want to register a new mission? First, we determine how many snippies would have to be reserved for that mission, then we check if you have enough free snippies (total minus reserved) on your account. If you do, that's a go. Otherwise, an alert message is shown. Then you have two ways to get to be allowed to register the mission: either you cancel some pending missions to free enough reserve snippies, or you buy new snippies.

That's the general idea. You can also get some more information in our FAQ. If anything is still unclear, feel free to ask for more explanations!

Best regards,
Snippy's administrator

^
Only registered and logged in members are allowed to post on the forum.

Loading…

Loading…

Done

Successfully
Error